Dear Kosmos Readers,
It’s that time of year when we review where we have come from and reflect on where we are going. We are activists, knowing that the Power of the People, like you our readers, will be the driving force that moves us beyond the turbulence of this transitional time to a planetary civilization that works for all of us. We want more connection with you in 2012, and need your help to continue our work. Here is a short summary of Kosmos Associates pioneering work in 2011 and why we need your help to expand our mission.
- Award winning Kosmos Journal published two issues this year: one on Sharing, the other on Human Security. We continue to publish a beautifully designed, content rich journal with 84 vibrant, 4-color pages, advertisement free - with solutions for our emerging issues and challenges.
- On June 8, 2011 we launched our new website, attracting 4000 visitors a month from 146 countries. It is designed to clearly define areas of concern - individual and institutional global transformation - as well as key action areas Kosmos considers critical for the emergence of the new civilization:
- We are honored to receive an invitation to be delegates to Awakened World 2012: Engaged Spirituality for the 21st Century in Rome and Florence, October 14-20, 2012. Kosmos Board Member, James B. Quilligan, will be part of the 50-member core group and Nancy Roof will be part of a 250 member Action Group. Delegates will play a key role in a worldwide assembly of religious, spiritual, and cultural leaders who will meet with committed global citizens to shape A Charter for Engaged Spirituality in the Twenty-First Century.
- As an accredited NGO to the United Nations we engage with the Commons Action at the UN, new systemic leadership ideas, the Spiritual Caucus (co-founder), unarmed peacekeeping and Rio-20. All UN Ambassadors receive a complimentary copy of Kosmos. And our Global Ambassadors hand-carry our journal to such places as Myanmar, Turkey, Bolivia, China, South Africa, New Zealand, Serbia and more.
- Nancy Roof was honored to be the plenary speaker for the Model UN Far West. College libraries are increasingly seeking Kosmos Journal as it is being assigned in university classes as varied as Notre Dame, Columbia University, and Cottey College in Missouri. Our Youth Outreach has expanded to Occupy Wall Street where we distribute Kosmos Journal. It can be found in the new OWS library, which was established after the original library books at Zuccotti Park were confiscated.
- We continue to sponsor Kosmos Board Member Tara Stuart’s sacred journeys to deepen our interior awakening and global relationships. Mount Kailash in western Tibet is the destination for 2012.
- We meet many of our contributors in selected and invitational global conferences such as the Caux Forum on Human Security and the Contact Summit, the forum for leaders in Technology and Social Media. In 2012 we will be delegates to Awakened World 2012, Rome and Florence, Rio-20, Brazil, The Widening Circle Global Meeting, Boston and Tara Stuart will travel to North Korea for a scientific Conference on Environment with the Environmental Education Media Project (EEMP), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
We do all the above with a staff of two. We need more help in order to expand our interaction with you, our subscribers and members, so that we can offer opportunities for you to contribute to our projects and share your ideas with us.
If it is within your financial means, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support and expand our work (click here). We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that depends on your subscriptions and generous donations to continue our innovative work for the global common good.
Please help us bring hope and courage to a 16-year-old student in Serbia who learns English by studying and teaching about the articles in Kosmos. Or a Grandfather who finds commonality with his granddaughter through sharing the pages of Kosmos. Or high level diplomats and global leaders who write to us about how influential our work has been in creating the new civilization.
I warmly thank you for your support, whether it is in dollars or spirit as we stand together as One, co-creating our future together. Become of member of Kosmos to participate with us in our key activities.
May you all have a very happy holiday season.
"Kosmos Journal carries in every word and picture the sense of the global culture that is emerging. Beautifully illustrated, brilliantly written by leading evolutionary agents, it holds a unique place in the formation of a wisdom culture."
80 evocative pages | no advertisements
Subscribe Now: Print or Digital formats
(PC | Mac | iPad | iPhone)
- Barbara Marx Hubbard, Futurist
Kosmos Journal is a non-profit, private foundation that brings together individuals working to create a sustainable, equitable, just and compassionate new world civilization.
addition to our journal, we are actively engaged in personal,
organizational and global transformational projects. Your subscription
revenue and generous donations help us continue this work. If it is
within your financial means, please consider making a donation to Kosmos.
If you have received this newsletter in error, or have received multiple copies, please accept our apologies.